Annapurna Dhaulagiri Community Trek is the recently commenced community base trail in Nepal. The Dhaulagiri community is developed of 5 community lodges and different homestay program in this trekking route. It’s an off beaten track where we can observe Annapurna I 8091m, Mount Dhaulagiri 8167m, Fishtail / Machhapuchhre 6998m, Annapurna south 7219m, Nilgiri 7041m, Annapurna II 7939m, Annapurna III 7555m, Lamjung Himal 6988m e.t.c. During the trek, you can enjoy the great mountain views from Poon Hill and Kopra ((3,650 m) the highest point of this trek. Annapurna Dhaulagiri Community takes us through the Magar and Gurung village that lies right on the Great Himalaya Trail. Also, the tea house in the region is controlled by the local community where the whole village can benefit from your visit.
- Trip Name: Annapurna Dhaulagiri Community Trek
- Trip Code: ANNAPURNA-JKIE0M
- Country: Nepal
- Type: Live Guide Tour,Luxury Tour
- Activities: TREKKING HOLIDAY ,NATURE & ADVENTURE
- Experiences: Nature ,Adventure
- Starting Point: At Tribhuvan International Airport
- Ending Point: Tribhuvan International Airport for your next destination
What to expect ?
You can view the Mountain Ranges, Nepalese cultural villages and exotic biodiversity.
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu
Upon your arrival at TIA, our representative picks you from the Airport and transfers you to the hotel.
Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 02: City tour
Kathmandu, Nepal’s capital, is a home for different cultural heritages and traditional spots. During your stay at Kathmandu, we will visit Pashupatinath and Bouddhanath. Pashupatinath is a famous Hindu pilgrimage which is the temple of Lord Shiva while Bouddhanath is the biggest monastery in Nepal. Rest of the day can be spent in shopping around Thamel and preparing for the trek.
Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (6 to 7 hours of drive)
Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara along the Trishuli River takes about 6/7 hours. During the journey, you can enjoy the view of suspension bridges above the Rivers, hills in the opposite side and few settlements along the highway. If we have enough time, we explore the Phewa Lake at Lakeside, Pokhara.
Overnight in Pokhara.
Day 04: Drive from Pokhara to Nayapul and then drive to Ghandruk: (4 to 5 hours of drive)
We will drive to Naya Pool in Pokhara Baglung highway, which is less bumpy. After some rest in Naya Pool, we will drive to Ghandruk along the rough trail. The drive to Ghandruk is scenic and adventurous. We will drive to Ghandruk in a jeep. It’s a beautiful Gurung settlement in the hilltop.
Overnight in Ghandruk.
Day 05: Trek from Ghandruk to Tadapani (5 to 6 hours of walk)
After early morning breakfast, we will begin the trek enjoying the stunning view of Fishtail and Annapurna. It’s the first day of our trek which is along the easy trail. We will then climb some steep stairs and crash at Tadapani for the night.
Overnight in Tadapani.
Day 06: Trek from Tadapani to Bayali Kharka: (5 to 6 hours of walk)
From Tadapani, Bayeli Kharka is about 5 hours of walk. So we can walk slowly along the steep route and climb to Bayeli Kharka. It’s a beautiful stop where we can crash for the night and have our dinner.
Overnight in Bayeli Kharka.
Day 07: Trek from Bayeli Kharka to Upper Chistibung: (6 to 7 hours of walk)
It’s another beautiful day for the hike to Upper Chistibung. The trek commences early morning from Bayeli Kharka, and we will trek through the forest of Rhododendron and Pine for about 3 hours before we stop for lunch. Then we will continue our trek till Upper Chistibung.
Overnight in Upper Chistibung.
Day 08: From Upper Chistibung to Kopra Ridge (6 to 7 hours of walk)
Today is the tough day as we hike to Kopra Ridge, which is the highest point of our trek. As we have to climb to the great elevation, the trek commences early in the morning. After breakfast, we will hike for some hours along the steep stairs and stop for lunch. After lunch, we will again further hike to reach Kopra Ridge.
Overnight in Kopra Ridge.
Day 09: Trek from Kopra Ridge to Swanta (5 to 6 hours of walk)
We will trek down from Kopra Ridge and further trek to reach Swanta (2195 m). It’s a beautiful village which is about 6 hours of walk from Kopra Ridge.
Overnight in Swanta.
Day 10: Trek from Swanta to Danda Kharka: (5 to 6 hours of walk)
Now we will again ascend about 7000m from Swanta and reach another high altitude destination. After six hours of climb along the thick forest of Rhododendron and Pine, we will reach Danda Kharka.
Overnight in Danda Kharka.
Day 11: Trek from Danda Kharka to Tikot via Poon Hill - (6 to 7 hours of walk)
It’s the important day of our trek as we pass through Poon Hill. Poon Hill is the famous destination in Annapurna region the offers the stunning Panorama view of Himalayan region in Annapurna region. After our stop in Poon hill, we will further trek to reach Tikot.
Overnight in Tikot.
Day 12: Trek from Tikot to Beni ( 5 hour of walk/ 2 hours ride)
We can either trek or drive from Tikot (2278 m) to Beni (850 m). The trek is an easy downhill walk for about 5 hrs while the jeep trek is about 2 hrs drive on the dusty road. The drive is not possible during the monsoon.
Overnight in Beni.
Day 13: Drive from Beni to Kathmandu
We will drive from Beni to Kathmandu which is about 7 hours of drive. The drive is scenic as you get the view of hills and rivers all the way to Kathmandu.
Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 14: Departure
- Airport pick up and drop by private vehicles
- Twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast
- One full-day guided city tour by private vehicle in Kathmandu
- Trekking permits like TIMS card and Annapurna Conservation Area Entry Permit (ANCAP)
- Transportation by Tourist Bus
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner), during the trek
- Accommodation during the trek (Lodge/Tea House)
- Safe drinking water (Medicated) during the trek
- Seasonal fresh fruits (during the trek only) after dinner.
- Government-licensed, experienced, knowledgeable, well-trained, English-speaking guide and his entire expenses
- Farewell dinner.
- Porter and his entire expenses (one porter for every 2 trekkers)
- Insurance of Guide and Porter
- All required Government and local taxes
- Down jackets and sleeping bags (if required)
- First Aid service (Basic)
- Nepal arrival visa fee
- Meals in the city (Kathmandu/Pokhara) except breakfast and above-mentioned special dinner
- All kinds of hot/cold drinks during the trek
- Wi-Fi, hot showers, battery charging services during the trek
- Monument entrance fees during the city tour in Kathmandu (It costs about USD26 per person)
- Your personal nature expenses like, mineral water, soft and alcoholic beverages, snacks, extra meal, etc.
- Extra night accommodation in the city in- case of early arrival, late departure or early return from a trip (cause of any reason) out of planned itinerary,
- Travel insurance that covers trip cancellations and Helicopter evacuations higher than 4000 meters
- Tips (as an appreciation) and any other extending trips and accommodation.
LOCKERS / STORAGE
Where to meet ?
We will meet upon your arrival at Kathmandu at Tribhuvan International Airport.
During your stay in Kathmandu, we will visit Pashupatinath and Bouddhanath.